Tuesday 2 December 2008

who did what during the shoots

During the shoots we decided that it was best for us to stick to the roles that we were better suited to in order to minimize the possibility of somebody ruining the shot. For this we decided that it was best for me to do most of the camera work because of two reasons. Firstly, I do not like being on camera and secondly, I have a habit of looking into the camera. This meant that the camera work was the best thing for me to do as I was unable to look into the camera and get camera shy.

This left Jamie to do the acting because as we saw in our preliminary task, Jamie was better at acting and he really knew how to act. This made it easier for us to shoot because we had a capable actor on set. During the final shots, we realised that there was a difficulty in us both being in the shots because I was a dead body and Jamie was supposed to find me laying between some rocks. This meant that we used our make-up artist to shoot the final parts because neither of us could operate the camera from the angle that we were shooting from. This worked out quite well because we decided that a hand grabbing Jamie's shoulder would work really well because it adds eerieness to the shot because nobody knows were the hand is coming from. This meant we could overcome these problems by using the extra person we had with us.

No comments: